Picture Day - Friday October 5, 2018
STEP BY STEP ONLINE CASH REGISTRATION
Transportation Of Students in Private Vehicles
Here is the Wild Rose School Division's Policy on Student Transportation in Private Vehicles. It is our responsibility as a school to practice due diligence and make every effort to enforce these procedures for the safety of your child. We would really appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
Administrative Procedure 565
STUDENT TRANSPORTATION IN PRIVATE VEHICLES
Transportation to or from school-sponsored events is to occur in Division owned and operated vehicles whenever possible. However, circumstances may arise where private vehicles may or must be used to transport a limited number of students. Principals are authorized to establish school procedures governing the use and parking of motor vehicles by students on or adjacent to, school premises during regular school hours and school-sponsored activities. Such procedures must comply with existing legislative and insurance requirements.
- All drivers shall have their own third party liability insurance in effect for a minimum of $1,000,000, although $3,000,000 is recommended. (see Notes below)
- The Division’s general liability policy provides non-owned automobile basis only on an excess basis. In the event of accident, the volunteer driver’s own policy would be the primary coverage, and the Division’s policy would only respond once the primary policy limits were exhausted.
- All drivers must have a satisfactory driving record for a minimum of 5 years, have an unrestricted license (no GDL) substantiated by a current driver’s abstract (within 12 months). Drivers with more than 6 demerits shall be disqualified from driving on school sponsored activities. Initial Criminal Record and Child Intervention Record Checks must be provided, be current within 6 months, and original documentation is to be kept at the school.
- Drivers must comply with all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
- Drivers shall advise their own insurance companies of volunteer use of their vehicles.
- Students shall not drive on school-sponsored activities except in cases of emergency.
- Principals shall maintain thorough records including, but not limited to, names of operators and passengers, dates, times, destinations, insurance confirmation, driver’s abstract and valid driver’s license. For each trip, a copy of the vehicle registration, insurance, itinerary and list of passengers shall be maintained in the vehicle.
- Routes are to be predetermined.
- Permission slips shall be signed by parents of all participants. Parents of students or students of age of consent riding as passengers shall sign waiver forms 565-1.
- Principals have the right to refuse any private transportation request where, in their opinion, it is in the best interests of the student or school to do so.
- Principals and/or teachers shall acquaint private transportation drivers with all rules, regulations and procedures prior to the trip.
- Accidents or violations shall be reviewed by the Occupational Health and Safety Officer.
- Students are not to be transported by the Division in a 15 passenger van due to safety factors. All Division buses transporting students need to be reviewed by the Manager of Transportation Services.
Reference: Section 20, 45, 45.1 51, 52, 60, 61, 113, 117 School Act
Traffic Safety Act
Student Transportation Regulation 250/98 (amended AR 197/2000)
Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation 304/2002
Section 569, Insurance Act
Reviewed/Revised: December 2011, April 2017
If you will be driving students other than your own, or you will be sending your child with someone other than yourself to a school event, you will need to complete the waiver form (referred to above) link attached below as well.
School Newsletter Click Below
2018-2019 Condor School Staff
School News View All
TRACK MEET CANCELLED-Lunch will still be provided for your child.
Posted on May 30 2018
The Condor/Leslieville Track Meet has been cancelled for today. Tomorrow is our tentative date. The school will be providing Hot Dogs and Chips for lunch at no charge for all students who are here today.
Posted on Mar 1 2018
If your child will be starting ECS in September 2018 and you missed our registration night, please stop in at the office and pick-up or fill out the necessary forms Please bring your child's birth certificate, and know your Blue 911 address. Students…
Michael Mitchell - April 19, 2018 @ 12:45 pm
Posted on Mar 1 2018
Michael Mitchell, OMM, CD, MA, is an award-winning singer, songwriter and storyteller. On a mission to stir up a love of Canada in the hearts and minds of all, his songs and stories of our history, geography and some of the wacky oddities entertain as…