YEAR END AWARDS DAY
CSPAC FREE HOT LUNCH - JUNE 6/19
GET TEXTS FROM SCHOOL MESSENGER
In an attempt to improve school/parent communications, we now have the ability to send Text Messages to your cell phones through the same system as we have been sending out Emails from School Messenger. You should have been receiving the school newsletter and a few other notices from this system already. We would like to start sending some reminder messages through texts now. If you do not already receive text messages from the school and you would like to, please follow the instructions below to sign up.
School Newsletter Click Below
STEP BY STEP ONLINE CASH REGISTRATION
Transportation Of Students in Private Vehicles
Here is the Wild Rose School Division's Policy on Student Transportation in Private Vehicles. It is our responsibility as a school to practice due diligence and make every effort to enforce these procedures for the safety of your child. We would really appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
Administrative Procedure 565
STUDENT TRANSPORTATION IN PRIVATE VEHICLES
Transportation to or from school-sponsored events is to occur in Division owned and operated vehicles whenever possible. However, circumstances may arise where private vehicles may or must be used to transport a limited number of students. Principals are authorized to establish school procedures governing the use and parking of motor vehicles by students on or adjacent to, school premises during regular school hours and school-sponsored activities. Such procedures must comply with existing legislative and insurance requirements.
- All drivers shall have their own third party liability insurance in effect for a minimum of $1,000,000, although $3,000,000 is recommended. (see Notes below)
- The Division’s general liability policy provides non-owned automobile basis only on an excess basis. In the event of accident, the volunteer driver’s own policy would be the primary coverage, and the Division’s policy would only respond once the primary policy limits were exhausted.
- All drivers must have a satisfactory driving record for a minimum of 5 years, have an unrestricted license (no GDL) substantiated by a current driver’s abstract (within 12 months). Drivers with more than 6 demerits shall be disqualified from driving on school sponsored activities. Initial Criminal Record and Child Intervention Record Checks must be provided, be current within 6 months, and original documentation is to be kept at the school.
- Drivers must comply with all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
- Drivers shall advise their own insurance companies of volunteer use of their vehicles.
- Students shall not drive on school-sponsored activities except in cases of emergency.
- Principals shall maintain thorough records including, but not limited to, names of operators and passengers, dates, times, destinations, insurance confirmation, driver’s abstract and valid driver’s license. For each trip, a copy of the vehicle registration, insurance, itinerary and list of passengers shall be maintained in the vehicle.
- Routes are to be predetermined.
- Permission slips shall be signed by parents of all participants. Parents of students or students of age of consent riding as passengers shall sign waiver forms 565-1.
- Principals have the right to refuse any private transportation request where, in their opinion, it is in the best interests of the student or school to do so.
- Principals and/or teachers shall acquaint private transportation drivers with all rules, regulations and procedures prior to the trip.
- Accidents or violations shall be reviewed by the Occupational Health and Safety Officer.
- Students are not to be transported by the Division in a 15 passenger van due to safety factors. All Division buses transporting students need to be reviewed by the Manager of Transportation Services.
Reference: Section 20, 45, 45.1 51, 52, 60, 61, 113, 117 School Act
Traffic Safety Act
Student Transportation Regulation 250/98 (amended AR 197/2000)
Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation 304/2002
Section 569, Insurance Act
Reviewed/Revised: December 2011, April 2017
If you will be driving students other than your own, or you will be sending your child with someone other than yourself to a school event, you will need to complete the waiver form (referred to above) link attached below as well.
2018-2019 Condor School Staff
School News View All
Posted on Nov 1 2017
To see the school newsletters click on the "School Newsletter" Tab in the top menu.
PARENT/TEACHER INTERVIEW REMINDER
Posted on Oct 25 2017
REMINDER TO ALL PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Please call the school to book your Parent Teacher Interview for either Wednesday, November 21/18 or Thursday, November 22/18. No interview time will be arranged for you unless you call the school at (403)729-3868…