Condor is a hamlet within Clearwater County, Alberta Canada. It is located 45 minutes west of Red Deer, just off of Highway 11 between Eckville and Rocky Mountain House, Alberta.
This well established farming community dates back to World War 1, and displays a tight community bond which brings family and friends together for social events, caring charitable support, school and community sports functions and other common purposes.
The hamlet is located in census division No.9 and in the federal riding of Wetaskiwin.
The hamlet of Condor was named in tribute to the HMS Condor (1876) and not after a bird which is the more common misconception.
Statistics Canada has not recently published a population for Condor, however Industry Canada show that Condor's greater rural area had a total population of 1,093 living in 409 dwellings in 2001.
The hamlet itself has a Community Centre located across from the school and the ball diamonds and outdoor skating rink which are located on the school grounds.
David Thompson Playschool is also located on the school grounds. This pre-school is operated by a society and is not considered part of the Wild Rose School Division.
Condor has a fire hall and a great volunteer fire department which is part of the Clearwater County Regional Fire Rescue Services.